Chief Executing Officer – Archaeologist
ÖMER CAN AKSOY, PhD
Can holds a BA, an MA and a PhD from University College London, Institute of Archaeology. His research interests include Arabian archaeology, historical buildings, rock art of the Arabian Peninsula, community archaeology, modern conflict archaeology and metalwork-wear analysis. Since 2005, he has been conducting fieldwork and artefact studies in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Turkey, UK, and Oman.
- Unlimited Doha Design Prize 2016, British Council – Qatar Museums
- European Association of Archaeologists, 2014 Student Award for the Battle of Aslıhanlar Visual Communication Design
- Qatar Foundation – UCL Qatar PhD Scholarship
- US Army Ret. Lt. Col. Cornelius W. Barton, Military History Grant
- UCL Seton Lloyd Prize, for research in Western Asiatic Archaeology