Deputy CEO – Architect
GİZEM KAHRAMAN AKSOY, PhD
Gizem completed her doctoral studies at the University of Exeter’s Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies—holding a Gulf Studies PhD Scholarship—, where she is currently an affiliated post-doctoral researcher at the Centre for Islamic Archaeology. She holds an MSc in Architectural Engineering from Politecnico di Milano and a B.Arch in Architecture from Izmir University of Economics. Since 2005, she has been involved in a number of multidisciplinary workshops and projects in Turkey, Italy and Qatar. She has experience in a number of universities and architectural studios, where she took positions as a researcher, lecturer and an architect.
- Gulf Studies PhD Studentship, University of Exeter, 2017-2020
- Unlimited Doha Design Prize 2016, British Council – Qatar Museums
- Univerlecco Scholarship for MSc Studies at Politecnico di Milano, 2010-2012
- First Ranked Graduate of the Architecture Department of the Izmir University of Economics, 2009
- Education Scholarship at the Izmir University of Economics, 2005-2009